|The high blood pressure or hypertension may be divided into three types:
The values are given below.
Systolic Blood Pressure Diastolic Blood Pressure Condition
140-160 90-100 Mild Hypertension
160-200 100-120 Moderate Hypertension
Above 200 Above 120 Severe Hypertension
If you have high blood pressure, then your heart exerts more force to pump the same quantity of blood within the same time. This puts you at the risk of developing narrowed arteries, which can lead to heart problems, kidney disease, stroke, congestive heart failure and blindness. Note that heart disease and stroke are the first- and third-leading causes of death America.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
There are no symptoms of high blood pressure; you may not know it for years. Therefore high blood pressure is often called the silent killer. The only way to know is to have it measured. You may have warning signs such as sweating, headaches, dizziness, quick exhaustion (shortness of breath), a rapid pulse or palpitation and vision disorder. If you observe any of these signs, you MUST go to your doctor.
Causes of High Blood Pressure
The main causes of having high blood pressure are diet and lifestyle factors.
- High cholesterol
- Mental tension/stress/worries/fear/work pressure/competitive life
- Lack of exercise/sedentary lifestyle
- Excessive consumption of common salt, sugar and/or fat:
- Nutritional deficiencies : People whose diets are low in potassium, magnesium, calcium and vitamin C are at greater risk of hypertension.
- Overweight, obesity
- Excessive consumption of alcohol.