|Lice can infest people of all ages, rich or poor, any status, any country. Lice prefer clean hair because their nits can stick to cleaner hair better than oily. Head lice and body lice are similar in appearance, although head lice are somewhat smaller than body lice.|
Important Symptoms of head lice are:-
•Having an itchy scalp
•Seeing red bumps on your child’s scalp and neck
•Seeing live lice moving around on your child’s head
•Finding nits (lice eggs), which are tiny white oval shaped specks that are attached to the
sides of hairs
Effective home remedies for head lice
- Rinse hair with vinegar Wait 5 to 10 mins and rinse hair with hot water. Repeat vinegar rinse.
- Wash the hair, apply mayonnaise all over hair and scalp, cover your head with a plastic bag, and keep on overnight. The next morning, rinse the hair and comb out with a lice comb. All the lice will come off as well as the nuts.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in a mug of water and use the water on your hair after shampooing. Soak with the water on your hair for few minutes after shampooing and rinse with plain water. Repeat if lice persist. This is also very effective home remedy for head lice.
- Saturate hair with olive oil, put in a shower cap, or a wal-mart size bag with clip, and leaves in overnight. Brush out hair, then use nit comb to get out nits and bugs.
- Mix equal parts cooking oil and vinegar to remove the nits and bugs.
- Do not share personal items like combs, brushes, clips, hair bands, hats, scarves, coats, brushes or towels
- To prevent the spread of head lice, if any family member is infected, treat all members of the family at the same time
- For head lice treatment wash your all the clothes after you visit to a hairdresser.
- Check your child’s hair behind and above the ears and on the back of the neck carefully every day.
- Rub shaving cream on the scalp and apply a thick foam coating on hair for half an hour. The chemicals in the cream will kill the lice and eggs.
- Prepare a mixture of neem leaves, basil leaves and 8-10 cloves using beer.
- For head lice treatment spray the Listerine on scalp and leave it there for at least 10 minutes then rinse.
- Put three teaspoons of lemon juice in a small container. Pour in one tablespoon of butter. Apply to hair, and wait 15 minutes. Rinse hair, no need to use comb.
- Mix 10 tbs of olive oil, 10 drops of lavender oil and 10 drops of tea tree oil. Leave it for 30 minutes the lice will turn white and be easy to find, pick them out one by one then wash hair with tea tree oil shampoo to keep them away, it will kill all the nits as well.
- For head lice treatment prepare a paste by adding one part limejuice and one part garlic. Apply to the hair.
- Mix 10-15 drops of black walnut extract with about 15-20oz of water in a spray bottle. It will help to remove the lice