When it comes to hair care, think seasonally. During the winter, there’s no humidity in the air, so hair flattens out as it loses moisture. Switch to lighter products and no greasy formulas. For summer’s high humidity, go with formulas that slick hair down and maintain shape and shine.
Here we have solutions for dry and frizzy Hair.Problem 1: Dry and Frizzy:
90 % of us suffer with dry brittle or frizzy hair because our hair is deficient of (moisture) WATER! Curly or frizzy hair can often be very hard to manage. Harder still is trying to turn your frizzy, curly hair into a smooth, straight and silky looking hairdo.
For curly hair, work anti-frizz gel through hair and blow-dry using a diffuser attachment.
For straight hair, apply straightening cream, then divide hair into sections. Always start with the underneath hair first and then work your way through the hair to the top and front sections. Each section of hair should be a manageable amount for you to handle straightening. This will depend on the thickness of your hair and what you can manage.It is best to start with a small amount and increase the size of the sections, as you become more experienced with the process. Using a big round brush to hold hair taut, blow-dry each section, aiming air down the hair shaft.
Finish with a straightening iron after hair is dry.You could also use very large Velcro rollers and roll each section of hair up in them and then let it dry naturally.
This method works well and is probably the least harsh to the hair but it takes longer. The rollers will also tend to curl up then ends of the hair slightly, but if that is not the look you desire you could use the round brush and blow dry them straight out.
- Finger-dry roots to avoid overheating.
- Use a lightweight detangling spray.
- Rub finishing emulsion between your palms and smooth over any frizz.
- When letting hair dry naturally, don’t put your fingers through your hair until it is completely dry – especially on humid days.
You can also make use of this weekly home remedy “hair mask” to give your hair a smooth, shiny appearance.
- Mix one egg to one part mayo and one part olive oil.
- Make a paste and apply to hair.
- Wrap hair in a towel and allow to work at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse out and shampoo and condition as usual. Believe it or not, grease, mousses and gels make caring for this kind of hair harder!! Chemical build-ups require more washing than is healthy.